Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pavilion Friends: I'm coming Friday to visit you! (Aug. 26)

Hi NICU/labor and delivery/MFM nurses and friends!

I will be coming to visit you this coming Friday, Aug. 29!

My parents are bringing me in to trade in my car bed and get my car seat checked. Hurray! I don't like my car bed anymore, as of yesterday when we went to my MD. I want to be in a big girl seat now. The maximum capacity for the car bed is 9lbs and/or 20 inches. I'm now 7 lbs 11.5 oz and 19 inches long, but there is no way that I am going to get back in that bed! I used to love it but now it is so tight. I'm into looser fitting things right now.

Other good news from my visit with the doc yesterday:
  1. I don't have to be woken up every 4 hrs at night! It's now about every 5.
  2. I can make my 1st public appearance very soon! (this Friday!)
  3. I can attend my baby shower for awhile!
  4. I can take a long trip to Portland for Thanksgiving, weather depending!
  5. It's okay that I hardly ever poo anymore and that the color is not pretty!
  6. I can eat from whichever source I please! (I think I'll choose an ice cream cone--I hear the ice cream truck playing a tempting "It's a Small World" song at this very moment)
  7. I'm getting cuter!
  8. I'm now in the 10th percentile for weight for my corrected age!

The bad news is that my little legs are still very little, even my nurses commented on them. Well, of course they are! That's partly why my height is still in the deficient range of the normal curve. But that doesn't bother me. I love to use them to stand and to push myself across my activity gym during tummy time. There are so many things I can do with my little legs and I am very happy with them.

Oh yeah, if you want to comment on something or just chat with me, you can click on the comment link at the bottom of any one of my notes where it says, comment. I want to thank my silly nurse Natalie and my crazy Uncle Perlock for being so brave to leave a comment! Also, you can leave your email address there so I can respond to you personally if you so choose.

Thanks and see you soon!

Danica

2 comments:

Catherine O said...

Oh Darn! I'm so sad I missed your visit! Please let me know the next time you will be up to the Pavilion!

Hugs~ Cathy O (Mother-Baby nurse)

pugmamma said...

I am also sad that I missed your visit. Boo hoo. I work every Sunday and Monday, so please feel free to come see silly nurse Natalie. :) I am so happy to hear that my sassy little friend is doing so well!