Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm unusual? (July 7)

Today, I met my pediatrician named Dr. Jack. He is a riot! He said the funniest things about me, but my favorite was, "She's unusual. She's little, but healthy!" That just cracked me up to pieces. I haven't heard anything so silly since I left the NICU. Of course I'm unusual! I have always been on the deficient side of the normal curve in terms of size, but I am determined to do what I want and be who I want! He should have seen me scooting around in my Isolette, rolling over from tummy to back and back to tummy, and lifting and turning my head to the other side when I was laying on my tummy. Although I looked like "28 weeker" when I was born, I liked to consider myself a newborn like other just born babies and do what I pleased!

I weighed in a 4 lbs 11 oz! Evidently, I'm doing a good job eating at home since I've gained 4 oz since I came home Thursday.

Nothing interesting to report from my first weekend being at home. I'm quickly training my parents and whipping them into action.

We'll talk again soon!

Danica

No comments: