Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Atkins diet? No way!

Happy July!

I would know, I am so content now! I can eat again, and I really do eat! The nurse practioner told Mommy at rounds yesterday that they "have been silly." My workup was negative for everything! They discovered, as if I hadn't already demonstrated to them, that I am just a hungry, healthy miniature baby who wants to eat! Of course it cannot be proven 100%, but very likely I just had a bad reaction to the protein that was added to my milk last Friday. Did I sign a consent to join the Atkins diet club? No!

Once I was allowed to eat again, I took all of my bottles in a matter of minutes! Mommy warned me that I had better remember this event and not take food for granted, but most importantly, not be a picky eater during my taste testing years! Well, Mommy, I won't promise you anything. Besides, I'm sure I'll be awfully cute shoving food out of my mouth and wrinkling my nose that you will laugh which will encourage me to do it even more!

My nurse Janay is trying to recover our friendship. She fed me my bottles last night, but also had to replace my IV line as it had gone bad. My parents got a glimpse of what my arm will look like in the future--fat!

We tried out my car seat, which I really don't fit in. My vertical stature is a bit petite. I didn't like my seat so I let everyone know. The nurses hope that I will be more comfortable once in the car with the car running. I'm not so sure. I don't even know what a car is!!

Until next time,

Danica

1 comment:

pugmama said...

I'm so excited that you are all home together! I'm totally bummed I wasn't able to see you off on your way home. :( I miss you already! I loved reading about you in The Herald and MSNBC! I always knew Danica was a star, I just didn't realize she would rise this quickly!

--Nurse Natalie