Monday, June 30, 2008

Starving Super Model

I'm famous and starving all in one day! Give me some food and I won't be so crabby!

Instant fame came my way yesterday when my picture made the front page of the Sunday edition of the Everett Herald! Yippee! I am frowning because I knew something would be up on the day my story was published, but I'll get to that in a second. The story is pretty accurate about me and my Mommy, although I assure you, I was born on May 16, not on April 16. But don't blame the reporter, the captions are written by the young man who photographed me. If you were to look up the article online (http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20080629/NEWS01/636718911/0/FRONTPAGE), you will find an additional picture of me smiling! I guess they wanted that one posted only online, for, as you know, I will not have a clue what newspapers are when I am old enough to read! The Internet or some other electronic material will be streamline at that time! Mommy's friends say that she looks obese in the printed article, so take a look at the web version, it looks better. Besides, I'm sure they wanted to catch how small I am by choosing the picture that captures Mommy looking a little bigger than in real life.

Okay, so I really am a starving model. I knew I wasn't getting any compensation for my big day, but to remove all my yummy food? Come now. One should never starve a cute little baby! So why is this being done? I'll tell you what my medical family says. They are taking all necessary precautions for an infection because I had a bloody poo Saturday night. Thankfully, my Daddy caught it (ha ha! not literally!) and informed my beautiful nurse Janay (who I just adore. Well, actually, I'm just a bit upset with her right now because she draws my blood, pokes needles in my heels, shoves tubes through my nose and mouth, suctions out my tummy contents, AND doesn't let me eat! She used to give me my yummy bottles, and now she only holds me when I scream! I miss the nice Janay.) Anyway, I'm not allowed to eat anything for 48 hours unless something is actually wrong, then it may be a week or more. Oh! I can't believe this!

The good news is that I don't have C-diff or rotavirus, my blood work came back normal, and I'm still adorable! The bad news: my tummy X-ray hasn't been up to par each time it is done, which is twice a day. The news that is making me and my family (both medical and biological) so anxious is the blood culture which should reveal the worst or the best news late tonight (Monday). Worse case scenario: 1) I have necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC), click the following link for more info http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/digestive/nec.html, or 2) some big word I can't write, but it basically is like the intestines become just like bubble wrap in which the lining fills with air bubbles. Both of these obviously scary diseases are life threatening. Okay, enough about all that. I will let you know if either of these is the case in the days to come.

I have to get going now. My Mommy's work is celebrating my birth and putting on a shower in my honor today, so I must get prepared. (Yeah, I know I am not allowed to attend, but I can still dream, can't I?)

I really can't wait to meet you all who care so deeply about me and my family. I do hope that the news that is revealed to me will be good. Keep praying and thinking about me, I really do appreciate it!

Until next time, your little superstar baby,

Danica

No comments: